[seqfan] Re: nice base-dependent sequence

Douglas McNeil mcneil at hku.hk
Sun May 30 14:49:28 CEST 2010

NJAS:

> What was the algorithm you used?

Brute force.  Loop over integers, construct the subsequences, see if
all the divisors are there somewhere.  I tried a couple of
well-aren't-I-clever? moves, but the answer was consistently "No"..
Unfortunately this sequence doesn't easily yield to the standard
constructions for quickly generating digit-string sequences (not in
the time I spent thinking about it, anyway) because of the many, many
ways divisors can hide.  Easy to find a smallish example, very hard to
show it's the minimum.

Doug

--
Department of Earth Sciences