[seqfan] Clarification: Sequence of the Day page is for "transclusion"

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 03:17:25 CET 2010

I guess I wasn't clear enough about this, but the Sequence of the Day page
is meant for "transclusion" into other pages, but only the top part of it.
For now that's just two user pages (Charles Greathouse's and mine) and a
test page that is one of my user subpages. The write-up for tomorrow's
Sequence of the Day, the "blank" for write-ups, the guidelines, none of that
stuff is meant to show up on other pages.

On my user page you shouldn't see the red link to Axxxxxx nor any words in
Latin nor any guidelines about choosers not choosing sequences they
themselves have authored (remember, that's a guideline, not a rule). This
page: <http://oeis.org/wiki/User:Alonso_del_Arte/Test_Area> is meant to give
an idea of how the Sequence of the Day might look transcluded on the Main
Page.

There is a question about A180162 which I continue to ponder, but that's
only part of the reason I've postponed it for Sequence of the Day so many
times now.

Lastly, I have only signed up for four days in November. I will wait until
at least morning in my time zone before assuming that no one has done it for
that day and going ahead and choosing it myself. Maybe I'll lay off the base
sequences now.

Al