[seqfan] Re: Updatebot on a rampage

Russ Cox rsc at swtch.com
Sat Nov 13 00:42:08 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Robert Munafo <mrob27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Something odd is going on. Low-numbered sequences got deleted from the wiki
> in a massive batch -- or perhaps I misunderstand what the wiki is supposed
> to be?

The http://oeis.org/wiki/ tree is for all the things that are not sequences.

An earlier plan was to use it for sequences too, but we
abandoned that because it was too hard to customize
with OEIS-specific semantics.  The pages that are being
deleted are obsolete: use http://oeis.org/A000027 instead
of http://oeis.org/wiki/A000027.

> For example, these exist:
>
> http://oeis.org/wiki/A061667
> http://oeis.org/wiki/A100843
> http://oeis.org/wiki/A127911
>
> but these don't:
>
> http://oeis.org/wiki/A000027
> http://oeis.org/wiki/A001372
> http://oeis.org/wiki/A000081

Yes.  They'll all be gone after the weekend, but
deleting 200,000 pages is a pretty expensive
operation for the wiki software, so it's taking a while.
There's nothing special about the ones that are left
except that they are further down the list.

Russ