[seqfan] Re: something went wrong with new oeis this afternoon

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 02:58:46 CET 2010

I create my submissions and edits in a file, before putting them into the
web form. Therefore I automatically have a record of everything I submit.

My local editor is much faster, doesn't need to be on-line to function, and
isn't limited to a little rectangle. I never thought of doing it any
differently.

As for confirmation, I have to check the website later anyway, to see if the
submission was processed. That has always been true, because there was no
email to tell me it was processed.

So why can't people do that? -- Alexander?

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 19:06, Alexander P-sky <apovolot at gmail.com> wrote:

> >(it is possible a few edits may be lost, but hopefully not many)
>
> Above supports my suggestion to implement emails sent from OEIS to
> authors/editors, reflecting change of status and containing changes
> made.
>
> [...]
> Besides for asking for bringing back that feature for the backwards
> compatibility reason alone, those confirmation emails also in the
> previous OEIS format served authors to retain on their end as some
> way of the history record keeping, which I am hoping many other
> submitters besides me would appreciate ?

[...]

--
  Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com
 Follow me at: mrob27.wordpress.com - twitter.com/mrob_27 -