[seqfan] Re: giving reason for disapproval

Douglas McNeil mcneil at hku.hk
Mon Nov 15 13:12:42 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Joerg Arndt <arndt at jjj.de> wrote:
> I'd like to give reason for disapproval, how can I do that?

I've hit this issue too (with another sequence).  Giving a brief
explanation why the changes have been rejected might have helped.

Follow-up question one: say someone conjectures a formula, but I think
the formula is trivially false because of a typo, and is still false
after correcting the error.  The edit has been reviewed by an AE but
not yet approved by an EOC.  Should I revert the entire thing, or
simply add a comment explaining the problems?  (A104863, for the
record.)

Follow-up question two: what should AEs do in the case of a candidate
sequence which seems like it should be rejected as uninteresting?  My
instinct would be to flag it as "less", and then let the EOCs either
revert the less tag, delete the sequence, or accept it as a less.

Metaquestion: is there a good place on the Wiki side of things to
store answers to questions like this?  We're going to be evolving new
customs for the new arrangements, after all.

Doug

--
Department of Earth Sciences
University of Hong Kong