[seqfan] Re: http://oeis.org/recent.txt

ghodges14 at comcast.net ghodges14 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 17:13:48 CET 2010

>The point of generating the Author lines
automatically is that they follow the standard format,
and the standard format is (I believe) not to put a date

The standard format for about 12 years has been to have the date.  Is there any special reason why this was changed? I for one prefer the way it has been for over a decade. Why make that information harder to come by?  (Unless it costs more money to display the extra info?)

>If you want to find the date of a specific sequence
you can use the history page.

We were discussing searching for sequences by date. I've always liked to do this, and I can't imagine I'm the only one here. Is there any way to do this now? I take it there isn't.

If the format could be changed back, that would be great. For someone like Russ who submitted most of his sequences (I believe) before the date was made part of the format, I would even enjoy seeing those dates added now, if someone wanted to do it.  It's interesting information to search by.

Thanks,
Matt Vandermast