[seqfan] Re: Consecutive composite Fibonacci numbers

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:09:04 CET 2010

Neil, the first place that I looked was A090206, the non-prime Fibonacci
numbers, where I hoped to find a comment to this effect. But there is a
sequence, presently absent from the OEIS, that I've been pondering in
connection to this question.

Tony, Robert, it was silly of me to forget about F(kn) being divisible by
F(k). However, the lengths of runs of consecutive composite numbers are odd:
the run is bounded by two odd primes, e.g., 7, *8, 9, 10*, 11; 23, *24, 25,
26, 27, 28*, 29. If there is always a run of exactly an odd number of
consecutive composite Fibonacci numbers, the proof might follow from
F(k)|F(kn), but not immediately. Though the statements I've seen on the Web
don't have the word "exactly."

Al