[seqfan] Re: Correcting A002932 (n-step walks on square lattice)

Christopher Gribble chris.eveswell at virgin.net
Mon Nov 22 16:16:29 CET 2010

Joseph,

I have been working with Tom Young on a set of related problems for some
time.  I would be most grateful if you could send me a copy of the Fisher
and Hiley reference as I do not have access to it.  I think that the title
of A002932 may need to be made more explicit, since it does not state
whether the lattice is bounded or not, and, if so, what form the boundary
takes. Of course, no restriction on path construction is mentioned either.
I have calculated many cases for the general bounded lattice problem with
the restriction you describe.  Perhaps we can compare notes.

Best regards,
Chris Gribble