[seqfan] Re: Correcting A002932 (n-step walks on square lattice)

Christopher Gribble chris.eveswell at virgin.net
Mon Nov 22 17:39:24 CET 2010

Thanks, Joseph.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: seqfan-bounces at list.seqfan.eu [mailto:seqfan-bounces at list.seqfan.eu]
On Behalf Of Joseph S. Myers
Sent: 22 November 2010 4:16 PM
To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list
Subject: [seqfan] Re: Correcting A002932 (n-step walks on square lattice)

Unfortunately I don't think I'm licensed to redistribute the article
electronically.  But I don't see any sign of the lattice being bounded.
The article describes quite a complicated method of calculating the terms
(starting from recurrences for paths where only local self-intersections /
nearest-neighbour contacts are forbidden, then subtracting terms for when
these occur at a greater distance along the path) which could well be
error-prone for higher-order terms.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm at polyomino.org.uk