[seqfan] Re: Correcting A002932 (n-step walks on square lattice)

Rainer Rosenthal r.rosenthal at web.de
Mon Nov 22 18:21:36 CET 2010

Hello Joseph,

"error-prone for higher-order terms" reminds me of my encounter
with polynomios. I came to think about them while playing the
game "Blokus" and tried to enumerate higher order terms of the
sequence of their numbers. It was funny to see them getting more
and more complicated and forming shapes I never had dreamed of :-)

Quite naturally, as an OEIS-Fan, I came across your name and saw
how much time and energy you had invested over a long time so far.
Well, it was quite an episode and my "polynomio fever" has cooled
down completely. But I enjoyed this pastime and even the struggle
against those unforeseen faults in my enumeration, which can be
well described by "error-prone for higher-order terms" :-)

Cheers,
Rainer