[seqfan] Re: Correcting A002932 (n-step walks on square lattice)

Joseph S. Myers jsm at polyomino.org.uk
Sat Nov 27 04:42:54 CET 2010

After doing some further computations it appears there are similar issues
with A002933, the corresponding sequence for the hexagonal/triangular
lattice.  Again, the terms are accurately transcribed from the Fisher and
Hiley reference; here, I think the last two terms are wrong.  The sequence
says 290334, 839466 and I think they should be 290322, 839382.  Can
someone confirm or deny before I create a corrected sequence and mark
A002933 dead?

Having found problems with both those sequences made me suspicious of the
remaining sequence from that source, A002934 (cubic lattice).  The last
term listed there is 2674926 but I get 2675022 - can someone confirm or
deny?  Again, the sequence terms are accurately transcribed from Fisher
and Hiley.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm at polyomino.org.uk