[seqfan] Re: Q regarding self-attribution with formulas

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:33:46 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:20, Klaus Brockhaus
<klaus-brockhaus at t-online.de>wrote:

>  Am 29.11.2010 10:01, schrieb Joerg Arndt:
> > We have quite a few formulas with self-attribution, see
> >    http://oeis.org/draft/A130520
> >
> > I suggest to discourage this, as everything is
> > documented in the change log now.  Opinions?

Indeed, each new partial contribution used to be name and date-tagged in the
old
OEIS because of the absence of the log/history of individual sequences.

Direct attribution as part of the sequence record should probably be
reserved to formulae extracted from reference to original work given in
reference fields. Just adding linear formulae equivalent to the definition
as in the case you give does not match in my opinion.

> or even encourage deletion by the reviewer?
> A search for formula:Anyname doesn't seem to make much sense.

It could make sense in certain cases

http://oeis.org/search?q=formula:Penson+formula:moment&sort=&language=english&go=Search

<http://oeis.org/search?q=formula:Penson&sort=&language=english&go=Search>allows
to gather the numerous original contributions to the OEIS by this scientist.

Olivier