[seqfan] Re: Q regarding self-attribution with formulas

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 20:37:29 CET 2010

I think reviewers (or editors or whatever they're called) should look at the
history, make the judgment call and when the material is suspect, ask the
submitter or the community, or tag the material as suspect if that seems
appropriate. That's the reviewer's job.

Just like in Wikipedia, where most of the readers don't know about all the
debates about content that happen for a typical article, but the debates can
be readily seen by looking at the history and talk pages.

I would love it if we would "vote down" trivial material based on topics of
interest. I would personally down-rate all the "decimal expansion of
1/<integer>" sequences that appeared in 1996, and anything base-related,
like A125484.

Fortunately my Sloandora system (
http://mrob.com/pub/math/sloandora/index.html) allows me to do exactly that.

--
  Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com
 Follow me at: mrob27.wordpress.com - twitter.com/mrob_27 -