[seqfan] Re: It's not even "prejudice"

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Nov 30 22:14:42 CET 2010

http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2010-November/006588.html

rm> From: Robert Munafo
rm> Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:11:31 -0500
rm> To: Jack Brennen
rm> Cc: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
rm> Subject: [seqfan]  It's not even "prejudice"
rm> ...
rm> P.S. Given my bias against base related sequences I would edit that comment
rm> to say:
rm>
rm>   - The next term, if it exists, is at least 10^424

I would not. The sublime meaning of "at least 424 digits" in OEIS speak is
"and though we were searching up to that limit we stopped there, because the
number would anyway not fit in the standard line format."

jb> reason that somebody will give James Cameron $200,000,000
jb> to go make a movie, but they won't give me $20.

I am surprised Jack can make a film with a loan of USD 20. :-)

Richard Mathar