[seqfan] May be of interest Fw: Cover contest for Paul Nahin's Number-Crunching (Princeton University Press)

Tanya Khovanova mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 21:09:21 CEST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jessica Pellien <Jessica_Pellien at press.princeton.edu>
To: tanyakh at yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 2:24 PM
Subject: Cover contest for Paul Nahin's Number-Crunching (Princeton University Press)

Dear Tanya Khovanova,

I thought you might think this is fun -- Sometimes a cover is more than just a cover, and that is the case with Paul Nahin’s new book Number-Crunching. Look at the numbers exploding out of our hero’s fists – notice anything familiar?

It turns out that designer Dimitri Karetnikov hid 12 numbers that are significant to the Press, mathematics, and history in those fists. Visit the PUP Web site or the facebook page for Number-Crunching and leave your best guesses.

http://press.princeton.edu/blog/2011/08/22/number-crunching-contest-win-a-great-prize-if-you-can-find-all-the-hidden-numbers/

Facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Number-Crunching-by-Paul-J-Nahin/212299795458282

Please share this info as you see fit.

Thank you,