[seqfan] Re: Summer sequence boot camp : adding digits to theright... and more

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Aug 24 06:59:35 CEST 2011

> Further investigation of this iteration sequence reveals the following.
> The fate of each number between 1 and 10^6 has been determined.

Me: I think this refers to the iteration of the
map i -> A053392(i). I edited this entry and some of the related
sequences mentioned on Erich Friedman's web page (there is a link there).
There are other sequences that Erich mentions that could be added
to the OEIS, if anyone would like to help.
Also, what about the number of iterations needed for n to reach 0,
or -1 if the trajectory never reaches zero. Also the list of
numbers that belong to cycles; the numbers that diverge; etc.
Neil