[seqfan] Re: Alternate definition of A089233

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 22:07:28 CET 2011

There is a simpler proof based on the known formula for A089233.

The number of divisors of n^2 that are less then n is (A000005(n^2)-1)/2
(since the divisors of n^2, except n, form pairs d,n^2/d in which
exactly one divisor is less than n).

On the other hand, the number of divisors of n smaller than n is
A000005(n)-1 and they all divide n^2.
Hence, the number of divisors of n^2 that do not divide n and are less
than n equals
(A000005(n^2)-1)/2 - (A000005(n)-1) = A063647(n) - A000005(n) + 1
that matches the formula for A089233.

Regards,
Max