[seqfan] Re: Quick question about self-avoiding walks

Benoît Jubin benoit.jubin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 04:50:08 CET 2011

Two remarks about symmetry:

* I don't like the phrasing "reduced for symmetry" and I feel there
should be a better one.  Any suggestions?  Of course, we are counting
the number of orbits/equivalence classes of the given objects under
the action of some symmetry group, D_4 (dihedral) or C_4 (cyclic), see
second remark, for a square, and D_2 or C_2 for a rectangle.

* In such cases, I think it is always worth submitting the related
sequences taking into account the symmetries (rotations and
reflections; dihedral groups) AND the oriented symmetries (rotations;
cyclic groups).

Benoit