[seqfan] Re: Change of email address

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 07:14:57 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 06:52, Ed Jeffery <lejeffery7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally, I have a question: When you post a message to seqfan, can you
> attach a file as with any email message, or can you only embed links? I
> think that some of the mathematics we communicate could be put in PDF form
> using LaTeX to make it clearer and easier to read.

On seqfan, attachments are possible but links are strongly preferred. I
suggest
links to the OEIS wiki for instance. Everyone can modify its own user pages
and include in a permanent way a lot of material which can be further
edited and enhanced.

As a rule message should not be over 40 kb.  If you need more than that, I
believe
it makes sense to format it as a small article or contribution or blog
entry and make
it accessible.  Please do not attach b-files to messages to seqfan.  Ponder
if
you should send it as a private message to Associate Editors.

Posters to seqfan must take into account the
fact that a given message is of potential interest to only a fraction of
the membership
and that attachments are often cumbersome for the list archives and are
often filtered
or quarantined by corporate firewalls.

Try to give some care to the subject/title of your message. Generic
subjects such
"a question", "problem with a sequence", etc. do not carry enough
information.
Try to include keywords such as trees, permutations, zeoliths, and sequence
numbers
such as A00040 or A200000.

Olivier
Seqfan Mailing List administrator