[seqfan] Don't change existing sequences unless you get permission.

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sun Feb 27 14:42:52 CET 2011

Dear Sequence Fans,

Please do not change existing sequences unless
you get permission from the author or from one of the
editors-in-chief.

Even though I try not to get annoyed, it is
difficult when one sees a perfectly good sequence
messed up by someone who does not understand it.

Here is the latest example, which was in a posting
to this mailing list, so I was able to undo it in time:

> A036689       Title:   Product of a prime and previous number.
> Sequence:
> Table[Prime[n] (n - 1), {n, 1, 20}]
>
> {0, 3, 10, 21, 44, 65, 102, 133, 184, 261, 310, 407, 492, 559, 658, \
> 795, 944, 1037, 1206, 1349}

The title was correct and should not have been changed.
The computer program was wrong.

 Best regards
 			 Neil