[seqfan] Re: There are more terms in this sequence?

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Thu Feb 3 22:08:01 CET 2011

0 has divisors 0, 1, 2, ....

The sum of the first 0 divisor squares is sum {} = 0.

The sum of the first 1 divisor square is sum{0^2} = 0.

I absolutely, wholeheartedly think that the empty sum counts -- must
count -- in these sorts of problems.  But Benoît Jubin points out that
in this case we don't need to in this case.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University