[seqfan] Re: about 33826 formulas,

Robert Gerbicz robert.gerbicz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 12:35:49 CET 2011

2011/2/11 Simon Plouffe <simon.plouffe at gmail.com>

>  Hello,
>
>  I updated the list of 'known' formulas for
> the OEIS database.
>
>  All of the formulas are conjectures, most
> of them are true, some are false positives,
>  well, I have been doing this for a couple
> of years, it is true that there is a % of
> rejected,
>
>  Here is a graphic of the results,
>

> http://www.plouffe.fr/simon/OEIS/conjectures/Percentage%20of%20formulas%20detected.jpg
>
>  and here is the latest list :
>
> http://www.plouffe.fr/simon/OEIS/conjectures/OEIS_conjectured_formulas.txt
>
>  So far, over 33826 formulas, I am still adding new ones, this gives
>  a percentage of 18.26% of success.
>
>  best regards,
>  Simon Plouffe

There are lots of lines such:

A000098 -(2-x^3)/(-1+x) ogf with Euler Transform
A000098 -(2-x^3)/(x-1) ogf with Euler Transform

I wouldn't count them as a different formula.

There is an interesting conjectured ogf for a063003, clearly for such a
chaotic sequence it is very unlikely that there exists an ogf, and in fact
the first difference is for n=53, it would give a(53)<0, that is clearly
wrong.