[seqfan] Re: Changing References to Links

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon Feb 14 16:00:08 CET 2011

> The reason to keep both is that links may disappear, while the references *stay*

I'm not sure what you mean.

If a reference is

%D A. Writer, "Foo is in bar", Journal name 7:11 (1992), pp. 67-71.

and it is changed to the link

%H A. Writer, <a href="http://example.com/~writer/foo-bar.pdf">Foo is
in bar</a>, Journal name 7:11 (1992), pp. 67-71.

and then the link goes dead, there's no loss.  The reference
information is intact, and perhaps the link can even be accessed
through the Internet Archive, Google's cache, the same link structure
at Dr. Writer's new university, etc.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University