[seqfan] Re: Changing References to Links

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Feb 14 17:55:35 CET 2011

> What is the etiquette for changing a reference to a link when you
> notice that the article is on the web?

It is OK to have two mentions of the same paper,
or more! - since there can often be three different versions
of a paper available. The published version, the arXiv version,
and the version on the authors home page.

So there can be a reference and a link, or two or three links.
I don't think we need to be dogmatic about this.

Given that links break after a while, whereas journal references
are forever (we hope), redundancy is a good thing.

 Best regards
 			 Neil