[seqfan] Re: Colorless integers

Jack Brennen jfb at brennen.net
Tue Feb 22 22:39:41 CET 2011

Cycles must consist exclusively of multiples of 9.

Any time that a number's successor is smaller than the first number, the
successor will be a multiple of 9.  Any multiple of 9 has a successor
which is a multiple of 9.  Every cycle will have a downward step in the
cycle.  Put all that together, it's easy to see that all cycles are
entirely multiples of 9.