[seqfan] Re: multiplicative set-like sequences

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sat Feb 26 15:25:00 CET 2011

I agree with Juan.

First of all, I suspect the concept is actually:

if gcd(m,n) = 1, then mn is in the sequence if and only if m and n both
are.

If this is correct, it is equivalent to the condition that the
characteristic function of the sequence is multiplicative.

If the condition as stated is actually what is intended, then these
certainly should not be called multiplicative.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters