[seqfan] Re: Breaking news on partition numbers.

peter.luschny peter.luschny at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 24 07:57:00 CET 2011

PL> The only interesting question is: Did they calculate A(100) and
PL> A(1000) with their new formula?

RGWv> ?But I did and it works. Bob,

This is nice! Congratulation.

My first impressions was that it requires more machinery
to implement the formula and so I did not try.

Would you (or somebody else) like to share your code?
I would arrange an extra page on https://sites.google.com/site/seqcomp/

DM> I think we can safely assume there are ways to
DM> calculate such small partition numbers as that of 10^3 without
DM> consulting the OEIS. :^)

Sure. I taught the RHR-formula to my first programmable pocket calculator.
And a cheers goes to Percy  MacMahon who's hard calculations
by paper and pencil encouraged Hardy to push forward.

- Peter