[seqfan] Re: Cleaning up cross-references to recycled sequences - can this be automated?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 23:31:23 CET 2011

This is yet another problem that can be solved by simply searching the OEIS.

Let's say A200999 submitted by John Smith is recycled because it's a
duplicate, or ridiculously contrived, or flat-out wrong, or whatever. All we
have to do is search "A200999" and we'll find all the cross-refs in
sequences already approved. As for sequences that haven't been approved yet,
well, if they're to be approved we can remove the cross-refs to A200999 at
that time.

Al