[seqfan] Ombudsman needed for OEIS?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue Jan 25 22:01:05 CET 2011

Dear Seq Fans,
I have been getting messages from people complaining that their
submissions (both new sequences and comments) have been unfairly rejected.

In other cases I see this happening, but people do not like
to complain to me.

Perhaps the OEIS needs an ombudsman, whose task will be to resolve disputes
like this. Someone - not one of the editors-in-chief - who will listen
sympathetically to complaints.

It needs to be someone with a knowledge of mathematics and programming.
It will be very interesting.

Would someone like to volunteer to try this for a few weeks?

Neil