[seqfan] Re: Seqfan Digest, Vol 28, Issue 4

юрий герасимов 2stepan at rambler.ru
Sun Jan 9 04:51:00 CET 2011

> case is not efficient because of limitations of the base conversion
routines in it. (But it is so
> convenient that I wrote a Pari implementation.)
> The MATHEMATICA program does not use the fact that the last non-zero
digit of (10^n)! is the same
> as the last non-zero digit of (2^n)!
>
> Wishing that an efficient program, (I know that Sage is a good
option), will eventually be add to this sequence, I will remove the C
program from the sequence. It is not portable, the installation
> is painful so practically nobody will use it.
>
> I appreciate the messages and corrections from all the editors that
patiently read my contributions, in this and other sequences. The OEIS
will have improved sequences with them.

> W. Bomfim
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:51:44 -0500
> From: Russ Cox <rsc at swtch.com>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: Wiki discussion tab problem?
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
> Cc: seqfan at seqfan.eu
>
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM, webonfim <webonfim at bol.com.br> wrote:
> > Thank you seqfans that gave help. I followed the directions
> > but the problem continues.
>
> Please try again. I think the problem was that the pink boxes
> were not wrapping text anymore, so in fact the page was very
> very wide, and you would have had to scroll horizontally to find
> the usual note box (centered as always).
>
> http://oeis.org/draft/A173670
>
> Russ
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:51:44 -0500
> From: Russ Cox <rsc at swtch.com>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: Wiki discussion tab problem?
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
> Cc: seqfan at seqfan.eu
>
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM, webonfim <webonfim at bol.com.br> wrote:
> > Thank you seqfans that gave help. I followed the directions
> > but the problem continues.
>
> Please try again. I think the problem was that the pink boxes
> were not wrapping text anymore, so in fact the page was very
> very wide, and you would have had to scroll horizontally to find
> the usual note box (centered as always).
>
> http://oeis.org/draft/A173670
>
> Russ
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 06:13:31 -0200
> From: webonfim <webonfim at bol.com.br>
> Subject: [seqfan] Wiki discussion tab problem?
> To: seqfan at seqfan.eu
>
> There is no problem. Well "shame on me",
>
> Russ Cox showed that the page was wide, and I had to scroll
horizontally to find the note box.

<20041036.1429381294227525475.JavaMail.root at spooler3-g27.priv.proxad.net>

> Dear seqfans,
>
> I edited the page "decomposition into weight * level + jump"
> (and D. Forgues has improved the page, thank you to him).
> The discussion page is open to your comments.
> http://oeis.org/wiki/Decomposition_into_weight_*_level_%2B_jump
>
> Regards,
> Remi Eismann.
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 12:00:38 +1100
> From: Jason Kimberley <Jason.Kimberley at newcastle.edu.au>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: Lack-a-day
> To: seqfan at list.seqfan.eu
>
> On Thu Dec 2 19:55:07 CET 2010, Russ Cox <rsc at swtch.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Marc LeBrun <mlb at well.com>
wrote:
> > > I think the new top-level search behavior, while well-intentioned,
is
> > > causing a lot of needless confusion and ought to be changed.
> >
> > I do plan to change this in the next week or two.
> >
> > Russ
>
> I recall that the brief search results were produced from before 2010.
> How do I choose to get brief search results?
> I that format useful.
>
> Jason Kimberley.
>
> http://oeis.org/wiki/QandA_For_New_OEIS#Format_of_Search_Results
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 22:39:42 -0500
> From: Russ Cox <rsc at swtch.com>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: Lack-a-day
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
>
> > I recall that the brief search results were produced from before
2010.
> > How do I choose to get brief search results?
> > I that format useful.
>
> At the moment you can't; it's something I need to return to.
>
> Russ
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 19:38:11 -0500
> From: "David Wilson" <davidwwilson at comcast.net>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: a(n) and n have the same digitsum but no digit
>         in common
> To: "Sequence Fanatics Discussion list" <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
>
> Assuming digitsum actually means digital root, the least n >= 1 for
which
> a(n) is undefined is n = 1124578.
>
> I figured this out in my head.

01/04/11

> -----
> No virus found in this message.
01/04/11

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 19:36:19 +0100
> From: Eric Angelini <Eric.Angelini at kntv.be>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: a(n) and n have the same digitsum but no digit
>         in common
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
<8B00BFBA136BAB43AD27F9EDC3758F033FAC3B08 at KNTVSRV01.kntv.local>

> [...]
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 20:12:47 +0100
> From: Joerg Arndt <arndt at jjj.de>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: Lack-a-day
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
>
> * N. J. A. Sloane <njas at research.att.com> [Jan 07. 2011 09:01]:
> > [...]
>

> > Russ, thank you again. Many people have told me how much
> > they like the new system.
>
> Seconded by the seriously web-interface-o-phobic jj!
> (Mention "Web 2.0" in my presence ==> BIG frown).
>
> ... and while we are at it, the highlighting of the matches
> for the search results was pretty marvellous
> (for WAY DOWN in the to-do list). 8^)
>

> > Best regards
> > Neil

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 15
> Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 14:19:44 -0500
> From: "N. J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: offset 2
> To: seqfan at list.seqfan.eu
> Cc: njas at research.att.com
>
> The second offset tells you where the pointer is
> that tells you how to place the sequence in the big
> list of all sequences.
>
> I often find it useful. It has been used in the OEIS for 45 years.
>
> Neil
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 16
> Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 13:09:24 +0100
> From: Richard Mathar <mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: conjectured list of divisibility sequences
> To: seqfan at seqfan.eu
>

> http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2011-January/006814.html
>
> ja> Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:52:34 +0100
> ja> From: Joerg Arndt
> ja> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
> ja> Subject: [seqfan] Re: conjectured list of divisibility sequences
> ja>
> ja> And if so, don't forget to add the keyword "mult" 8-))
>
> There are of course many divisibility sequences which are not
multiplicative.

> One example is A000079, where a(n)=2^n divides a(m)=2^m if n divides
m,
> but a(nm) =2^(n*m) is generally not a(n)*a(m) = 2^(n+m).
>
> Another example is A001478, where a(n)=-n divides a(m)=-m if n divides
m,
> but a(nm) = -n*m is generally not a(n)*a(m) = +nm.
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 17
> Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 13:57:28 +0100
> From: Joerg Arndt <arndt at jjj.de>
> Subject: [seqfan] google analytics?
> To: seqfan at list.seqfan.eu
>
> I notice (after searching for reason for delays with editing):
>
> <!-- Google Analytics tracking -->
> <script type="text/javascript">
>   var _gaq = _gaq || [];
>   _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-3319603-4']);
>   _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
>   (function() {
>     var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type =
'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
>     var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
>   })();
> </script>
>
> I'd like to know what that does!
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 18
> Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:34:33 +0100
> From: Joerg Arndt <arndt at jjj.de>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: google analytics?
> To: seqfan at list.seqfan.eu
>
> See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Analytics
>
> >From that page:
> ---------------------
> Slowing down the website
>
> There have been several online discussions about the impact on Google
> Analytics on site performance,[11][12][13] with one site[which?]
> arguing that using Google Analytics may increase the web site loading
> time. Indeed, with various websites it is possible to see the message
> "Waiting for google-analytics.com" when the page is not fully
> loaded.[citation needed]
> ---------------------
>
> This is what I just experienced (several times, also complete stalls).
>

> But what REALLY bothers me is the privacy issue.
> Again citing form wiki link above (caps are mine):
> ---------------------
> Technology
>
> Google Analytics is implemented by including what is known as a "page
> tag". This is referred to as the Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC)
> and is a hidden snippet of JavaScript code that the user adds onto
> every page of his or her website. This code acts as a beacon,
> COLLECTING PRIVATE VISITOR DATA AND SENDING IT BACK TO GOOGLE DATA
> COLLECTION SERVERS FOR PROCESSING. This is accomplished by making a
> request for a specific image on Google's servers encoded with the page
> and user data. [...]
>
> To function, the GATC loads a larger file from the Google webserver
> and THEN SETS VARIABLES WITH THE USER'S ACCOUNT NUMBER. ...
> ---------------------
>
> This is absolutely positively NOT acceptable!
>

> > [...]
>
> Message: 19
> Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 17:01:49 +0300
> From: ???? ????????? <2stepan at rambler.ru>
> Subject: [seqfan] The function of status "prime-noprime" of n:
>         2^A082495-1^062173(n)=A179312..
> To: <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>

 For example: f(13)=A179312(13)=2^((2^13-1 mod 13)-1^(2^(13-1) mod
13)=2^(8191 mod 13)-1^(4096 mod 13)=2^1-1^1=2-1=1  then  n=13=prime