[seqfan] Re: conjectured list of divisibility sequences

Richard Guy rkg at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Jan 10 21:08:45 CET 2011

Dear All,
          I'm delighted in the current interest being shown
about divisibility sequences.  Is it not a fact that all
such sequences have a(0) = 0 ?  Also that all members of
such a sequence are divisible by  a(1),  so that, whenever
such a sequence has  a(1) > 1, it is desirable also to
list its normalized form with  a(1) = 1.  This way, people
won't miss important coincidences.  I've never understood
offsets, but it also seems desirable to include (perhaps it
already appears?) sequences such as  1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21, ...
(# of ways of tiling a  2 by n  box with dominoes), which
is not a divisibility sequence until you translate it suitably.

(Singular) sequences with zeroes should also appear.
Aren't  0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,...  and lots of similar
sequences, which often appear in the real world, already
in there?

A paper with a three-parameter family of fourth order
divisibility sequences, infinitely many of which could
legitimately appear in OEIS, by Hugh Williams and me,
is due to appear in Internat J Number Theory.  Best,  R.