[seqfan] Re: Breaking news on partition numbers.

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:40:41 CET 2011

The only exact terms given in either article are the first 23, plus
A(100)=190569292 and A(1000)=24061467864032622473692149727991.

My print copy of Weisstein (AKA CRC Concise Encyclopedia of Maths) from 1998
has these, so they could have easily looked up the numbers there. Of course
Weisstein credits OEIS, but does not specify where each little bit of info
in the article came from.

So yeah, we don't own the numbers any more than they do. Maybe an
extraterrestrial civilization computed the sequence and Ono et al.
intercepted their transmission. (-:

- Robert

--
  Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com
 Follow me at: mrob27.wordpress.com - twitter.com/mrob_27 -