[seqfan] Re: Ombudsman needed for OEIS?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:32:58 CET 2011

I just want to emphasize what Klaus said: deletion is carefully considered.

When we can't figure out what the point of a sequence is, we contact the
submitter, by e-mail if necessary. We hope to get an answer like "I was
pondering such and such conjecture and I modified it to see what happens,"
but more likely the answer is "I thought it was cool" or no answer at all.
We can't read someone's mind.

And when we think it's a duplicate, the first editor who first suggests it's
a duplicate doesn't delete it. Nor even the second editor who looks at it
and confirms it's a duplicate.

Al

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 8:49 AM, peter.luschny <peter.luschny at googlemail.com