[seqfan] Re: A005700 Number of Dyck paths: a(n) = <not a Dyck path>

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Fri Jan 28 17:52:40 CET 2011

Charles said:
> We have several hundred sequences relating to (or purporting to relate
to) Dyck paths; do you think this (mis)use of terminology is common?

Me: No. I suspect the misuse was in the 1986 paper by Gouyou-Beauchamps, from
which I took the sequence in the first place (see the History).
Does anyone have a copy of it?

D. Gouyou-Beauchamps, Chemins sous-diagonaux et tableau de Young, pp. 112-125 of "Combinatoire Enumerative (Montreal 1985)", Lect. Notes Math. 1234, 1986.

Neil