[seqfan] changes in the submission process

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Jul 14 06:49:42 CEST 2011

Dear Sequence Fans and Editors, We are in the process of making some changes
to the submission process.

1. Too many people have been submitting sequences before
they are in a finished state. So now when you submit
a new sequence or propose changes to a sequence,
- once you have clicked "Save" -
you will see a button at the bottom that says

These changes are ready for review by an OEIS editor.

Until you click that your submission is in limbo.

So remember the A-number - for you can always go back, look at
the "draft edits" for that A-number, and send it to be reviewed.

2. We are about to impose limits on how many submissions
there can be from any one person waiting in the stack to be approved.

Roughly speaking, the limits will be as follows:

users who repeatedly submit sequences of poor quality: 1
new users: 5
general users: 50
editors: 200

Initially there will only be a couple of names in the first category
(editors may care to send me suggestions of names)

I'm not sure if the count includes submissions that are in limbo,
and also I think Russ is going to provide a way that a noneditor
can see what his "count" is.

Remember that non-editors don't get to see the "stack".

I'm thinking that we won't make these hard limits. Russ's submission
program won't enforce them, we the editors will do that ourselves.

I'll post the limits in various conspicuous places, and I will send a notice to
the people who are limited to one (once we start doing this).

Comments are welcomed

Neil