[seqfan] chicken or egg?

Tanya Khovanova mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 16:44:29 CEST 2011

Dear SeqFans,

If I am writing a paper that contains new sequences, what is the preferable way?

1. Publish a paper without the sequence numbers, then submit the sequence with the reference to the paper.
2. Submit the sequence, publish the paper with the sequence numbers included, then add a comment to the sequence referencing the paper.
3. Publish the paper in the arXiv without the sequence numbers, then submit the sequence referring to the arXiv paper, then submit the paper with the sequence numbers for publication.

If I want to send a paper to the EJIS, then new sequences are a plus for a publication. If I submit the sequences first, the sequences stop being new. Will this diminish my chances for acceptance in the journal?

Tanya