[seqfan] can anyone extend A006506?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Jun 16 07:16:35 CEST 2011

Dear SeqFans, I came across a paper by Stosic et al. which mentions A006506,
and in fact quotes the Maple program in that entry (in Jnl. Physics A,
I added the reference).

So I tried running that Maple program myself, thinking I would
compute at least a few more terms,
but to my surprise, the program gives different values from the sequence.
Yet it is exactly the same program that Stosic quotes.

I admit I don't understand the Maple program, which came originally
from Paul Zimmermann. But it isn't working. Maple something changed
in Maple since 1999? So that the program now gives different answers?

Can some Maple expert explain what is going on? And compute some
more terms?

It looks like a very interesting sequence.

Neil