[seqfan] Re: An analytic approach to the Collatz 3n + 1 Problem

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:10:16 CEST 2011

If so, it would be like Wiles' proof to Fermat's famous conjecture:
unintelligible to the one who posited the problem originally. As for me, it
is quite familiar and elementary right up to the point at which he mentions
the set of holomorphic functions on D, when it suddenly goes way above my
head.

Nevertheless, I think we should take this opportunity to review sequences
dealing with the "modified Collatz sequence" as defined on page 1 of the
preprint (such as A070168).

Al