[seqfan] Re: A recurrence for the Dirichlet inverse of the Euler totient function.

Mats Granvik mgranvik at abo.fi
Sat Jun 18 18:13:23 CEST 2011

I accidently replied only to Mitch so I repost here. The Mathematica program
for the Mahonian numbers is:

T[1, 1] = 1;
  nn = 25;
  T[n_, 1] = 0;
  T[n_, k_] := T[n, k] = Sum[T[n - i, k - 1], {i, 1, k - 1}]
  MatrixForm[Table[T[n, k], {n, nn}, {k, nn}]]

The recurrence for the Mahonian numbers takes values from the previous column
while the recurrence for array with the Dirichlet inverse of the Euler
totient function takes values from the same column or same row,
depending on which side of the main diagonal the element is.

Mats