[seqfan] Re: Program syntax and the OEIS

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:22:21 CEST 2011

With Mathematica, I think the only problem is people still using older
versions, I get the feeling Wolfram will always maintain backwards
compatibility.

For example, Zak Seidov's program for A099349 uses NextPrime, which wasn't
introduced until Mathematica 6.0. I'm sure in Mathematica 10.0 NextPrime
will work as before, as well as older commands like PrimeQ and Range. For
that sequence, a comment like (* Version 6.0+ *) might be sufficient. Those
using 5.2 and earlier probably have already cobbled together their own
version of NextPrime.

Al