[seqfan] Re: The ordinary generating function for the Moebius function

Mats Granvik mgranvik at abo.fi
Tue Mar 8 18:25:49 CET 2011

Dear seqfans,

I attach a link to my blog where I have written the Lambert series -
power series expression in beautiful latex. Can anyone tell if the
5:th term is correct?

http://mobiusfunction.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/the-ordinary-generating-function-for-the-mobius-function/

The whole expression written in text would be:

Sum from n=1 to infinity of mu(n)*x^n
=
+ x^1
- x^2/(1-x^1)
+ sum from a=2 to infinity of x^(2*a)/(1-x^a)
- sum from b=2 to infinity of (sum from a=2 to infinity of
x^(2*a*b)/(1-x^(a*b)) )
+ sum from c=2 to infinity of (sum from b=2 to infinity of (sum from
a=2 to infinity of x^(2*a*b*c)/(1-x^(a*b*c)) ))

Thanks,

Mats Granvik
http://www.facebook.com/mats.granvik