[seqfan] Re: Fwd: Superseeker and email lookup moved to oeis.org

Martin Rubey martin.rubey at math.uni-hannover.de
Fri Mar 18 19:10:33 CET 2011

> In the past few years two or three people offered additional
> programs for use by Superseeker, and I plan to add these
> now that the program has moved to its new home.
> Let me know if you have a sequence-guesser or pattern finder, etc.,
> that you would like to contribute.

I'd be glad to help contributing the guessing machine implemented in
FriCAS.  (described in detail in

http://de.arxiv.org/abs/math/0702086

meanwhile published in Journal of Symbolic Computation.)

It has efficient pre-made guessers for:

    linear and nonlinear recurrences
    (analogous to the linear case covered by GFUN)

    linear and nonlinear differential equations
    (analogous to the linear case covered by GFUN)

    nested products and sums of rational functions
    (analogous to the case of products covered by rate)

    functional equations
    (yielding a polynomial p such that p(f(x), f(x^2), ..., f(x^n))=0
    where f is the generating function of the given terms)

    algebraic dependencies between a list of sequences

    q-analogues whenever applicable

please let me or fricas-devel <fricas-devel at googlegroups.com> know if
you need assistance.  It is enough to install fricas, no extra packages
are required.

Martin