[seqfan] Re: Proposal for better presentation of some sequences with complex numbers

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri May 27 22:42:50 CEST 2011

Some time back, I proposed adding F numbers, which would provide a
standard way to show not only fractions and complex numbers, but also
irregular tables, two-way infinite sequences, sequences defined on
fractions and complex numbers, and a number of other things. The
reaction at the time was underwhelming, but I still think it's a good
idea. Note that with this proposal, one would be able to search for
these things as well.

The basic idea is to have a database with definitions, like
"A000010/A000027". This could include comments, formulae, everything
except actual values and (in some cases) offsets; the sequence
contents, including b-file equivalents, would then be automatically
generated.

Implementing this would be a major project, I admit.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters