[seqfan] Re: A book about large numbers

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon May 30 11:49:45 CEST 2011

The problem of representing very large integers is fundamentally
unsolvable.

Using an alphabet of n symbols, a representation of length m allows at
most n^m distinct numbers to be represented. Using any reasonable
values for n and m, only a small fraction of the numbers up to, say,
10^10^10^10 will have a representation.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters