[seqfan] Re: Oops!^2 final try, guess the formula http://oeis.org/A200785

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 06:45:46 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:42 AM, Ron Hardin <rhhardin at att.net> wrote:
>> It is also  not clear why it refers to arrays of length n+2 not just n
>> - that would be  more general sequence with two additional rows:
>
>> n=1: T(1,k) = (k+1)
>> n=2:  T(2,k) = (k+1)^2
>
> The intuition was that the structural conditions would be more uniform
> if there was always at least one way to encounter the defining exclusion,
> and thus more likely to match an entirely different problem.

The trimmed rows well fit the formulae (including the general formula)
and are consistent with the "extra" initial terms present in the
columns sequences.
E.g., instead of "Column 1 is A000079(n+2)" it could have been simply
said that "Column 1 is A000079" etc.

Furthermore, I would also add the 0th column (corresponding to k=0) of
all 1's. It is also well consistent with the formulae and other row
sequences present in the OEIS.

Regards,
Max