[seqfan] Submission suggestion

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 18:21:41 CET 2011

Not too long ago, I submitted a sequence. Apparently I submitted more
than 260 characters of term data, and was reprimanded by a reviewer for
having done so.

IMHO, this should be a non-issue for the submitter. The submission page
should automatically format the terms to database standards. This would
include dropping terms if necessary to stay within formatting limits,
and whatever formatting magic has to be done with very large terms. The
page should warn the user that submitted terms might be trimmed from the
database entry.

If entries have to be trimmed, and there is no existing or submitted
b-file, perhaps the submitted terms could be automatically formatted
into a new b-file.