[seqfan] Re: It would be nice if

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Sun Nov 6 23:42:58 CET 2011

In http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2011-October/015484.html
there is a wish

dww> [seqfan] It would be nice if
dww> David Wilson
dww> Sat Oct 1 01:42:00 CEST 2011
dww>
dww> when I logged into the OEIS from a given OEIS page, I stayed on that page.

I hope that this remains basically impossible because that would mean that
the OEIS page request has access to (passes on) my browser's history.

On the other hand, enabling such a feature would mean to keep (at least a
short-term) memory of who's done what with the OEIS interface and vividly
using either cookies (of which I am certainly not a fan of....) or
maintaining a sophisticated database of this history within the OEIS
server. The amount of programming work to get this done behind the scenes
is much too high in comparison to the benefit, I think.

RJM