[seqfan] Integral sets of points (A007285, A096872 and A096873)

Benoît Jubin benoit.jubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 03:07:36 CET 2011

Dear Seqfans,

I think a few initial values should be added/corrected in the
sequences A007285, A096872 and A096873, and that the definitions could
be modified to treat them in a uniform way.  I propose the following;
can you confirm this is correct?

A007285: Minimum diameter of an integral set of n points in the plane,
not all on a line.
add: a(1)=0 and a(2)=1 (therefore modify offset to 1)

A096872: Minimum diameter of an integral set of n points in the plane,
no 3 on a line.
modify: a(1)=0

A096873: Minimum diameter of an integral set of n points in the plane,
no 3 on a line, no 4 on a circle.
modify: a(1)=0
add comment: As of 2011, it is not known if this sequence is finite.

For all three sequences:
add the definition: "An integral set is a set where all distances
between points are integers."
add the link: http://ginger.indstate.edu/ge/COMBIN/GEOMETRY/intdistance.html

Add three analog sequences where all points are furthermore required
to have integral coordinates?

Thanks,
Benoit