[seqfan] sequence challenge

Peter Lawrence peterl95124 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 21 18:02:02 CET 2011

an odd story: I was trying to find a 3x3 matrix for Tri-bonacci numbers
like the [[1,0][1,1]]**n for generating Fibonacci numbers, and finally
figured one out through logic. I initially thought I would find one by
trial-and-error, but that didn't work for me. Here's the odd part, all
the trial-and-error matricies I tried did end up matching something in
the OEIS !

so here is the challenge, find a 3x3 integer matrix with "smallish"
elements whose powers generate a sequence that is _not_ in the OEIS.

(taking the [0,0]'th element of each matrix as the sequence).

-Peter Lawrence.