[seqfan] Position of new material

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Nov 27 04:31:45 CET 2011

Is there, or should there be, a standard rule for where new material is
to be placed in the comments or formulas section of a sequence? My
opinion is that the following rules should be applied, in order:

1) If the new material is closely related to existing material, it
should be placed next to it.
2) More significant material should be placed before items that are
more peripherally related to the sequence.
3) Place new items after existing items.

Basically, I think the sequence entry should try to present some degree
of narrative rather than simply reflecting the history of the entry.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters